Danball Senki Episode 6 Watch video

Danball Senki

Alternative title:
Cardboard War Chronicles
Danball Senki (Japanese)
Danbooru Senki (Japanese)
ダンボール戦機 (Japanese)

Official website:
http://www.lbx-world.com/anime/index.html



Most of my comments about the artistry, technical merits, music, and value of the Platinum edition for this volume are identical to those in my review for Platinum 3 so I will not repeat them here. I will add that episode 16 is the first time that NGE's unique brand of introspection, complete with the “train scenes,” is used. We also get the first major samples of the “flash” scenes that permeate the later episodes and movies. Both are characteristics which were, to my knowledge, unique to NGE at the time of its creation.

On the English dub front the voice acting continues to be very strong, with Allison Keith turning in a stand-out performance as Misato in episode 15 and Spike Spencer doing top-rate work as Shinji in episode 16. Otherwise, see my comments for the Platinum 3 review.